Outpatient treatment options are usually reserved for individuals who have a strong support system, are currently employed or going to school and can maintain sobriety for up to 72 hours.
However, with the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) there is a difference in treatment. Those differences include the following additional care:
• Treatment options require a 30, 60 or 90-day stay, with a possible six-month requirement if sobriety cannot be maintained.
• A comprehensive assessment is performed to identify and address physical, mental and behavioral issues.
• A therapist and case manager are assigned to facilitate in the care during the recovery process.
• Weekly one-hour meetings are conducted with the individual to gauge the correct treatment option to customize a plan for managing the recovery process.
• The case manager places phone calls each week to family members to discuss the individual’s progress.
• The case manager will send weekly progress reports to courts, judges, parole officers and others as needed.
There are other required activities individuals must participate in as part of the treatment option. They include:
• Gym 5 days a week
• Group Therapy for 15 hours each week
• Life skills classes, which include:
• Finding a job
• Managing finances
• Sobriety strategies
• Relaxing techniques
The ultimate goal is to work towards the discharge plan, but the staff at Sober Living Drug Rehab also creates a comprehensive after-care plan, which include transitional skills learned during treatment and easily implemented during stressful situations.
While the length of stay may be long, there are fun activities built into the treatment options to focus on having fun while overcoming addictions. Those activities can include movie nights, golfing, surfing, go-kart racing and other weekly outings the group can think of doing. Monitored transportation is provided for all outside excursions and meals are included.
There is still a lot of hard work ahead to reach the safe path to recovery, but Sober Living Drug Rehab provides the stability needed to recover in comfortable surroundings with a highly trained staff.
To learn more about our IOP treatment options, please call us at 888-836-2923, and speak to one of our knowledgeable professionals who will answer all of your questions.